Friday, May 23, 2008

white & orange day.

For some reason I had it in my head that Day 4 was yellow day. I knew I would not be able to post today because I had to work late . I had great visions of having lots of images of yellow and white. Images include our ugly scary 70's tile in our bathroom. I think everyone has seen or lived in a place that has had ugly scary yellow and white 4x4 tile. No need for imagery. Another item was our surfboard we used as our guestbook for our Wedding. It is displayed proudly in our room on a really cool bamboo and Mahogany stand Tony made.



So now I will play by the rules....

Orange cones blocking off the lifeguard tower at the Pipeline Masters in North Shore Oahu

Below is a photo of a couple of gyotaku prints we sell at Leaping Lotus. I really like the orange one. Kupipi is the name, I am assuming named after the type of fish. I guess I must be the only one who likes it. We bought 2 and one is framed near our dining table and the other sits in our booth.







Here is a photo of Grandma in white. This is one of her newer old toys, a Victrola. Grandpa straight out hates it and makes her close the door when she winds it up to play music. Well, she has turned Brayden into a huge fan of the Victrola. I think he likes to watch her wind it up and look inside and see the record spin. He kicks his legs and grasps the sides and squeals until the song is over. Every time he goes in that room he squeaks and moans until she plays it. As it turns out the Victrola get used a lot. Multiple times a day. The Victrola is located in the scary " granny room" or guest room and is a place where Brayden gets his pants changed and takes naps. The granny room is also a place where all of her antiques are housed that she is not allowed to display. It is one scary overcrowded room. I think if Brayden was not so intrigued, the Victrola would mysteriously disappear while she was at work.









Brayden keeping warm with his new white soft fuzzy at Sea World today. Today we went to preview the Bay of Play, formerly known as Captain Kids World. It was not the best day to go weather wise but we still had fun.

1 comment:

agatha said...

Hey Sandy bo bandy...
even though I was the one that arranged this color week, I, too, got confused and then I got Maja confused...I was thinking it was yellow day, too...and white is tough. My mom pointed out that I didn't pick real colors, huh?

Anyway, good work, again. I love that victrola, my grandma has one in her house, too. xo -agatha