Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Savoring Summer

We spent the last week of summer doing a lot of hanging around. Realizing a little too late that we live in a home with air conditioning that works fantastic. One of the highlights of our week was a midweek boat BBQ. My dad put their boat in a slip in Oceanside and wanted to BBQ and have Brayden have his first harbor cruise.
His life vest made me nervous. I am pretty sure the coast guards would frown on it. We managed to keep him from climbing overboard. I will be in charge of selecting the vest for the next boat outing instead of my mom. She brought the one that looked the most comfortable.
My dad was THRILLED to finally take his Grandson for a ride. Tony goes fishing with him a lot but it usually takes drinks and food or a trip to Catalina to get the whole family on board.
THE NEW BED.........
The bed rail-the best $30.00 we have spent lately. Brayden and his parents love his big boy bed. (Did I mention Tony made the bed frame for him? I think I did) We obviously take every opportunity we can to point out how fantastic it is to keep the excitement of sleeping IN the bed alive. So far so good. He got a new rug to help hide the hideous green( new to him anyway- Thanks garage sale on Neptune), a new pillow, and gets to use his quilt I made for him before he was born.

A brief demonstration of how you access the top of my bed with the assistance of a friendly whale step stool.


This is right about where I lay down. Right in the middle.



And this is what I think of mom's lame useless pillows. And there is the quilt crumpled on the floor which she slaved over.





1 comment:

Nana Wendy said...

How exciting to go for a ride in Grandpa's boat! And to have a big boy bed to sleep in, too. What a week. Hopefully the bedrail is working out. Fun!
Love from, Nana Wendy