Saturday, May 9, 2009

Late spring getaway.

Brayden took his first plane trip to visit his Grandpa Jacks and Grandma Ann. There house was full of fun things to do. They were in the middle of preparing for a craft show in their area. Lots of soon to be finished projects mostly consisting of glass and glass parts filled the house. You can imagine the result when you let a toddler loose in those conditions. He did great with no glass casualties. My nerves are still recovering. I felt like a broken record. "be careful" and "that is dangerous" and "don't touch" are words I need to eliminate from my vocabulary for a few days. We had lots of fun checking out the newly built garage full of all of their projects. I learned how handy a kiln could be in my life and now am shopping Craigslist for one. They melted wine and liquor bottles and made cutting boards, dishes and nightlights. They were still cooling off when we left so we do not have any photos of the end result to share. It was very fun to learn how to re purpose bottles for cool art. Brayden logged many hours riding/ climbing/ standing on top of/ running circles around the tractor. I think he would like one of these at the house as much as I would like a kiln similar to theirs at our house.
Playing in the last of the season snow up in Tahoe. His Ugg boots had little tread. Frolicking in the snow was a very brief event.


Feeding Grandpa's horses.

Posing in front of the Truckee River



Interfering with neighbor lady's skee ball game at Circus Circus. Circus Circus still seemed to be in original condition from my childhood. I did notice that the flying trapeze circus people seemed to be missing.





No comments: